Halloween Horse Costume- Henry the Bee- Made by Bricole Reincke

Hey there! My name is Bricole Reincke and I live in Southwest Ranches, where my horse is boarded at Condee Farm.

I'm finally going through my enormous photo library and starting to catalog them in my blog page.

These pictures are from the Condee Farm Halloween Show 2019. Henry and I were a sight to "bee" seen and we won best costume! As you scroll down the page you will see how simple (not to mention, how cost-efficient) the costume was to make. I included the supplies that you will need at the bottom of this post.

Henry is a 16.2 hand Westphalian Warmblood horse and is a handful! He has such a sweet demeanor and actually loves being dressed up. One of the Moms at the show was kind enough to take lots of photos and share them.

Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention
Henry is a Stunning 16.2 Westphalian Horse. I'm SOOO Lucky :) 


Posing for another perfect picture :)
Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic InterventionBricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention


The costume for Henry was really simple and easy to make.

The materials that I used to make the body:

  • Yellow Saddle Pad with bumble bee patches ironed on each side
  • Felt for the stinger and stripes
    • I used safety pins to attach these, so I could easily remove them and use the saddle pad after the show. 
Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention


On his head is yellow horse bonnet.
Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention

And to finish everything off, I wrapped his legs in yellow polos.
Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention

My costume was a silly tutu, yellow and black glasses, a "Queen Bee" t-shirt, and yellow wings.
Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention

We won! And just before the rain came!
Bricole Reincke, Southwest Ranches, Equestrian, Equestrian Blog, Horse, Horse Show, Horse Life, Horse Riding, Horseback Riding, Low Hunter, Hunter Jumper, Westphalian, Heritage Horse Show, Plantation Equestrian Center, Condee Farm,  Animal Fanatic, Interactive Metronome, Balance Activities, Therapeutic Intervention

And lastly, here are a couple videos for your viewing pleasure.

Putting Henry's costume on with my little barn helper.

Walking out to the arena and ready for the competition.

Most items were sourced from Amazon. I just can't say enough, how much I love Amazon! It's the most convenient shopping experience. I've included the links below. 

DIY Bumble Bee Horse Costume Supplies:
I simply cut the felt and used safety puts to attach it to the saddle pad and that was it! I was able to remove the stripes and stinger from the saddle pad and use it to ride my horse while schooling at the barn. 

Looking back, I should have used an elastic piece to make a girth and pin it to the saddle pad, to keep it from shifting while he walked. Live and learn! 

For Bricole Reincke's Costume:
Since my name is Bricole, many of my friends call me "Bee", so I also bought this hat that you may just want for fun! 

Comments

  1. Very adorable. I wish I could see the videos, but they won't play on mobile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pexels- FREE Unique Stock Photos

Meet Jack, the Black-Tri Mini Aussie